D2 is a game that started out as an ARPG, but has since evolved into a full-fledged MOBA. With the release of the NEW players guide, there are now more ways for new players to get involved and enjoy the game.
The diablo 2 resurrected leveling guide is a guide that helps new players to level up quickly.
-This is mostly for new players. If you’ve been away for a while, this is also a good refresher.
All resource links are available at https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/pqtjmu/diablo 2 resource link hell/.
Details about the endgame may be found at https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/ptbh6l/diablo 2 endgame details breakdown/.
1. For finishing the Den of Evil task, you only get one skill respec each difficulty. The only method to respec after that is to farm the Act bosses on Hell difficulty for respec tokens.
Token of Absolution (Diablo II) (https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Token of Absolution (Diablo II)) (https://diablo-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Token of Absolution_
-Diablo 2 has a lot of weak or just plain terrible abilities, so pick wisely. If you’ve already used your first Den of Evil Respec, you may have to re-create your character.
-In Normal, you must kill Baal in order to go to Nightmare, and then again in order to progress to Hell. With each difficulty level, the game becomes progressively more difficult, and in Hell, almost every enemy is fully resistant to something, and some even have double immunity.
2. For all characters, put the most stat points into Vitality. You must invest the majority of your points on vitality early in Diablo 2 or you will die often.
-Only put enough points into strength/dexterity to make it possible to wear gear. You may put a few points into Energy to assist with spells and abilities at first, but not too many. Similarly, Dex may assist with attack rating, but don’t overdo it and jeopardize your life.
3. Because your inventory space is limited, you’ll have to go to town often to sell and/or add things to your stockpile.
-Early on, pick up items like Throwing Knives and potions to use and sell for cash.
-Purchase The Tomes of Town Portal and keep both of them on you. They can individually hold up to 20 people. (Holding shift when buying allows you to refill with one click.)
-Some Blue objects have a higher value than others. Charms and jewels are examples of this. In D2, the dice rolls are very random, so be sure you don’t miss anything important.
-Always collect Charms, Gems, Jewels, and Runes to socket into weapons and armor for early bonuses, and have enough in your stockpile for Crafting, Transmuting, and Creating Runewords. (See #10 for the most powerful equipment in the game.)
4. Get a belt and keep it stocked with mana, health, and/or regeneration potions at all times. It’s part of the game to use them. Use Rejuvenation potions to immediately restore life and mana. (1 Full Rejuv potion Equals 3 Small Rejuv potions in horadric cube)
-Pick up Strangling Gas Potions and toss them. These work remarkably well. They always hit and may be very useful early on when dealing with monster groups.
-The effects of antidotes and thawing potions stack. Although they don’t stack in terms of number, their impacts do. Each potion lasts 30 seconds, so drinking four of these will give you two minutes of enhanced resistance. (Tip: Thawing potions should be used before facing Duriel, the A2 boss.)
-When buying, hold shift to refill the belt with one click.
5. Once you reach your class’s FCR breakpoint, get Faster Cast Rate (FCR) on gear to significantly increase casting speed of all spells for all classes.
-Obtain Faster Hit Recovery (FHR) to decrease the amount of time you are trapped when you are struck.
Breakpoints for FCR/FHR: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Breakpoints
-Note: A 10% FCR does not imply that you will cast 10% quicker; if you reach a breakpoint, your character will begin casting MUCH faster.
-*With the exception of the Assassin, who utilizes Increased Attack Speed (ias) to speed up trap casting (Shadow Tree still uses FCR)
6. Use the Shared Stash to transfer items and gold to other characters, as well as to keep track of all your l33t stuff. Create a random class to store additional data if you run out of space. Name them “UniqueMule” or “GemMule,” depending on what you want them to contain.
7. Drop Your Shield at Level 1 on All Classes Immediately. You are imprisoned, which stops you from escaping or launching more assaults. When you get stronger shields later on, wear them.
-Example: Pledge of the Ancients (Ral + Ort + Tal) Shield of 3os. (Shael + Eth) Rhyme Shield of 2os
8. While fighting demons, keep The Horadric Cube (from Act 2) on you for additional storage. You may also convert items such as three gems into a higher-quality gem, as well as runes, skulls, and rejuv potions. Even better, you can Craft, Upgrade, and Socket things!
-Reroll Amulets and Rings: 3 Amy = 1 Ring, 3 Amy = 1 Amy
-Ort + Chipped Gem: Repair & Recharge
-Open Wirt’s Leg (Tristram) + Tome of Town Portal, a secret cow level.
-“Normal” socket Ral + Amn + P-Amethyst as a weapon
-“Normal” socket armor: Tal + Thul + P-Topaz
-“Normal” socket Ral + Thul + P-Saph = Ral + Thul + P-Saph = Ral + Thul + P-S
-“Normal” socket shield: Tal + Amn + P-Ruby
-*Remove socketed items: Hel + TP scroll (runes/gems will be destroyed)
-Raise the level of a normal unique weapon to exceptional: P-Emerald + Ral + Sol
-Raise the level of Normal Unique Armor to Exceptional: 1 P-Diamond + Tal + Shael
-Elite: Exceptional Unique Weapon: 1 P-Emerald + Lum + Pul
-Raise the level of Exceptional Unique Armor to Elite: 1 P-Diamond + Ko + Lem
-Raise the level of a normal rare weapon to exceptional: P-Saph + Ort + Amn
-Raise the level of normal rare armor to exceptional: Ral + Thul + P-Amy = Ral + Thul + P-Amy = Ral + Thul
-Elite: Fal + Um + P-Saph Exceptional Rare Weapon
-Elite: Ko + Pul + P-Amy Exceptional Rare Armor
-A complete list may be found at https://d2.maxroll.gg/resources/horadric-cube-recipes
-Wearable Crafted Items: https://d2.maxroll.gg/crafted-items
9. Farm The Countess in Act 1, Black Marsh > Forgotten Tower level 5, between lvl 6 and 12ish. Then, in normal to nightmare mode, continue farming her as required to produce your first runewords (extremely strong weapons/armor > mentioned in #10).
(Always kill on /players1) Countess Rune Drops
Nightmare: Extremely uncommon
Hell: Extremely uncommon
-Rune Drops from Hellforge: (A4 Quest)
El to Amn is normal.
Sol to Um, Sol to Um, Sol to Um, Sol to Um, Sol to Um, Sol
Gul’s Hell: Hel to Gul’s Hell: Hel to Gul’
-Always double-check Runeword recipes to ensure that the runes are in the proper sequence and that the item type is accurate.
-In the Horadric Cube, use Hel Rune + TP scroll to remove all objects from sockets; the Runes and Gems will be destroyed in the process.
10. At level 17, create Stealth Amor (Tal + Eth) for all classes and other runewords! For all early-mid game runewords, it’s simple to harvest runes from the Countess and Hellforge, and they significantly improve your damage and protection. Most of the Bases with open connectors may also be purchased from vendors. By leaving town through the Main Entrance, Portal, or Waypoint, you may reset all Vendor goods.
-Useful Runewords for the Early to Mid Game:
Steel (Tir + El) (lvl 13) (2os sword/axe/mace)
Stealth (Tal + Eth) level 17 (2os Body Armor)
Malice (Ith + El + Eth) (lvl 17) (3os Any Weapon)
Leaf (Sorc) (Tir + Ral) level 19 (2os Staff Only)
Ancients Pledge (Ral + Ort + Tal) level 21 (3os Shield)
Zephyr (Ort + Eth) level 21 (2os Hunters Bow)
Edge (Tir + Tal + Amn) level 25 (3os Hunters Bow)
4os Crystal/Broad/Long Sword level 25 – Spirit (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn)
Strength (Amn + Tir) level 25 (2os Any Melee Weapon)
3os Swords/Scepters level 25 – King’s Grace (Amn + Ral + Thul)
Insight (Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol) level 27 (4os Polearm)
27th level – Lore (Ort + Sol) (2os Helm)
Radiance (Nef + Sol + Ith) level 27 (3os Helm)
Honor (Amn + El + Ith + Tir + Sol) level 27 (5os Any Melee Weapon)
Rhyme (Shael + Eth) level 29 (2os Shield)
Peace (Zon) (Shael + Thul + Amn) (lvl 29) (3 socket Body Armor)
Black (Thul + io + Nef) level 35 (3os Flail)
White (Necro) (Dol + Io) level 35 (2os Wand)
Smoke (Nef + Lum) level 37 (2os Body Armor)
Harmony (Tir + Ith + Sol + Ko) level 39 (4os Missile Weapons)
Obedience (Hel + Ko + Thul + Eth + Fal) (lvl 41) (5os Polearm)
Lionheart (Hel + Lum + Fal) (lvl 41) (3os Body Armor)
Wealth (Lem + Ko + Tir) lvl 43 (3os Body Armor)
Treachery (Shael + Thul + Lem) level 43 (3os Body Armor)
4os Sword/Mace level 43 – Voice of Reason (Lem + Ko + El + Eld)
Passion (Dol + Ort + Eld + Lem) lvl 43 (4os Any Weapon)
Duress (Shael + Um + Thul) (lvl 47) (3os Body Armor)
Spirit (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn) level 54 (4os Monarch Shield)
-A complete list/guide can be found at https://diablo2.io/forums/diablo-2-runewords-runes-cheat-sheet-t8644.html.
Completing the Burial Grounds task will reward you with an Act 1 Mercenary early on. Then hire the A2 Mercenary as soon as you get in Lut Gholein, at the sewer entrance in the city’s upper corner. Merc Auras A2:
Prayer (slowly heals you and your party/minions) Combat (N): (not that great)
Blessed Aim (increases Attack Rating for you and your party/minions) Offense (N):
Defense (N): Defiance (additional defense for you, your party, and your minions)
Thorns (NM) are used in combat (returns very high percentage of damage back at melee attackers)
Might (Greatly boosts melee damage for you and your party/minions) Offense (NM):
Holy Freeze (NM) as a defense (freezes nearby enemies and adds cold to merc attack)
-*Note: Hell mercenary auras are identical to Normal mercenary auras, except with a lower level maximum.
Tips for Mercenaries:
-Heal your mercenary by pressing Shift + 1 2 3 4 for each slot on your belt that corresponds to a potion.
-If your merc is leveling too slowly, remove their equip and recruit a new merc in town who is a higher level.
-WARNING: If you replace your merc without first removing it, their stuff will vanish.
MERC MERC MERC MERC MERC MERC MERC MER (Archer Type)
level 1 = 3 socket gemmed bow.
Stealth Armor (Tal + eth) at level 17
(Ort + Eth) level 21 = Zephyr bow 25 percent ias, plus 25% run
Edge bow (Tir + Tal + Amn) at level 25 Aura of Thorns, level 15
Harmony bow (Tir + Ith + Sol + Ko) level 39 (or better Edge) Vigor lvl 10
45 percent ias level 43 = Treachery Armor (Shael + Thul + Lem)
*Powerful Auras -A2 MERC: (Melee/Meatshield Type)
Use Scythe or Voulge at level 15 for Malice Polearm (Ith + El + Eth).
Stealth Armor (Tal + eth) at level 17
Use Halberd, War Scythe, or Poleaxe at level 27 for Insight Polearm (Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol).
If you don’t depend on mana significantly, level 41 = Obedience Polearm (Hel + Ko + Thul + Eth + Fal)
45 percent IAS level 43 = Treachery Armor (Shael + Thul + Lem)
-A3 MERC: (Spell Caster Type) *FCR Benefits
-Ask Andy/meph for Vipermagi armor (NM).
-Use FCR shields such as Lidless Wall and Wall of Eyeless.
25fcr lvl 17 = Stealth Amor (Tal + eth)
25-35 fcr = Spirit Sword (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn)
25-35 fcr lvl 54 = Spirit Monarch Shield (Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn)
-A5 MERC: (Melee with bash) *requires excellent gear to be effective. Keep A2 in mind.
12. Shopping for Great Lvling Gear and Sockets from City Vendors: (Reset Vendors via waypoint, portal or sewer)
-Akara A1 (N) for +Skills on Wands and Orbs/Staves for Necro and Sorc, respectively. Multiple talents may be multiplied by three! Scepters for your Barb and Pally, who have an extremely powerful early game.
-Charsi A1 (N) for 2-3os bows, polearms, and axes, as well as 2os Scimitars and Katars. (gems, jewels, and runes in a socket)
-For 2-3os shields, armors, polearms, and 2os Helms, Fara A2 (N) is recommended. Also, when you hit gear, ctc Frost Nova for crowd control (tinted blue)
-Elzix A2 (N-NM-H) Boots/helms/belts for All Classes for early Magic Find, Life or Resistance. Gloves with 20% IAS (NM)
-Ormus A3 (N): Purchase a staff that grants +1 Teleport *Charges*. NOTHING with the tag (sorcerous only). All other characters, including the sorc, will be able to teleport while wielding the staff. This comes in handy when traversing difficult places like the Maggot Lair. (*WARNING: The cost of gold for repair charges is very expensive; thus, teleport charges should be used sparingly.) You may also use Ort rune + Chipped Gem in the Cube to recover charges.)
-Anya A5 (NM-H) for the Assassin’s x2-3 Skills on Claws.
-Larzuk A5 (N) 3os helms from level 39
-Gamble for big prizes at Gheed A1, Elzix A2, Jamella A4, and Anya A5!
13. Concentrate on eliminating boss groups. They provide 500% experience and are three levels higher than the area level. Also, since Champion groups provide 300 percent experience, don’t spend too much time killing a lot of regular mobs. (Unless it’s just too much fun? “I’ve got to murder them all!” says Ash Getchum.
-Do the quest to rescue Anya when you reach Act 5 on any difficulty level, and she will open a gateway for you to run Pindleskin. Kill him and his minions, then Shenk and Eldritch and their minions (above and below the Frigid Waypoint), then leave the game and repeat for a lot of experience and items.
14. In Single Player, type “/playersX” (x = 1–8). Each increase in player count increases monster XP and Dmg while simultaneously increasing your experience and the amount of treasure dropped (every other level 3, 5, 7).
-On “/players3,” Farm Act bosses max out the treasure drop table, preventing the monster from dropping nothing. https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Player Settings
/framerate: Displays the same statistics as /fps, but additionally includes information on memory use.
/fps: Displays the framerate in the game. The maximum display rate is 25. (this may change in D2R)
/nopickup: If you don’t hold the show item key, your character won’t be able to pick up any things in that game.
/soundchaosdebug: Plays all of the game’s sounds. To turn it off, type the command again.
/time: Displays your current location’s time as well as the Battle.net server’s time.
/players (1-8): Increases the number of participants in the game to enhance the number of drops and the complexity of the game (single player only).
15. Stack resistances to a maximum of 75. (max). In a nightmare, you receive a -40% debuff to all resistances, while in Hell, you get a -100% debuff to all resistances. You’re going to have a hard time if you don’t stack high resistance. #southpark
16. All classes, particularly melee classes or builds, need ‘Cannot Be Frozen.’ One of the harshest and most frequent debuffs is being frozen, which results in many fatalities. (Beware, HC players!)
17. For bosses and high-HP mobs, Crushing Blow is your greatest buddy. It affects a portion of the target’s life.
-25 percent against regular creep, 10% against hirelings or PVP, and 12.5% against Champions, Uniques, and Bosses
-Missle Weapon percentages have been cut in half: 12.5 percent > 5% > 6.25 percent.
18. Magic Finding is also known as “MFing.” It’s the practice of repeatedly battling the same bosses or exploring the same locations in the hopes of finding more powerful runes and rare/unique items. When hundreds of things drop in this game, it’s like winning the jackpot.
-At least 250 should be stacked. After the first 250-300 days, MF has substantial decreasing results.
-MF Curve: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Magic discover diminishing returns
-Note: In public games, do not MF. Only use MF in single-player games, private games, or with close friends. In D2r, loot is FFA, which means that every item that drops may be seen and picked up by other players.
-Recommended MFing Locations: Ancient Tunnels (H) > Andariel (NM-H) > Mephisto (NM-H) > Countess (NM-H, *Runes) > Lower Kurast (NM-H) > Pindelskin (H) > Eldritch (H) > Shenk (H) > Nihlathak (H, *Runes/keys) > Pit (H) > Chaos Sanctuary (NM-H)
19. There Are Many “Immunes” in this game, so you don’t have to kill every monster. They are uncommon in regular life, but quite frequent in nightmares, and very common in Hell, with multiple immunity being seen. It’s OK if you can simply avoid those particular creatures. You may also attempt a hybrid construct like Firewall/Frozen Orb or Frenzy/Berserk, which concentrates on two components. However, you may still encounter Fire/Cold Immunes and Physical/Magic Immunes, so don’t feel too bad if you miss them. (You should be ashamed since that monster punched you.)
20. The Most Common D2 Acronyms and Terminology: (I’m sure I missed a few)
- “N” stands for “Normal.” “NM” stands for “Nightmare.” Hell is represented by the letter “H.”
- SOJ stands for Stone of Jordan and is a one-of-a-kind ring.
- TP stands for Town Portal.
- SP stands for Single Player mode.
- MF stands for Magic Find.
- IAS stands for “Increased Attack Speed.”
- os stands for Open Sockets.
- Etheral = Ether
- PP stands for “Party Please.”
- PK stands for “player kill.” >:)
- FCR stands for Faster Cast Rate.
- FWR stands for “Faster Walk/Run Speed.”
- FHR stands for “Faster Hit Recovery.”
- FBR stands for Faster Block Rate.
- BO stands for Battle Orders. A barbarian’s ability. Increases the whole party’s life and mana by a significant amount.
- CTA = Call To Arms (Amn + Ral + Mal + Ist + Ohm) issues Battle Orders to any class.
- Nigma = Enigma (Jah + Ith + Ber) Runeword that grants teleportation to any class.
- LR stands for Low Rune.
- MR stands for Mid Rune.
- HR stands for High Rune.
- Trist Runs = A low-level group runs across Tristram, which is accessible through a portal in Act 1’s Stoney Field.
- At the conclusion of Act 2, a low-level group runs through Tal Rasha’s Tombs.
- Baal Runs = A group of mid-level to high-level characters runs through Act 5 to slay Baal and his henchmen.
- Someone will speed you through the game in return for your Hellforge Quest Rune if you use the R4F or Rush 4 Forge method.
- Act 4’s Chaos Sanctuary Area is referred to as Chaos.
- “SC” stands for “Small Charm.” “LC” stands for “Large Charm.” “GC” stands for “Grand Charm.”
- Only found in Hell – A3 Kurast and beyond) Skillers = Grand Charm with + to Class Skills
- Pcomb = + Paladin Combat Skills Grand Charm
- Hdin stands for “Hammerdin,” which refers to a Paladin who uses the Blessed Hammer build.
- “1” denotes a safe situation, whereas “2” denotes a dangerous one. This refers to whether or not a Town Portal that someone opens is safe to enter. They may be attempting to avoid death.
- HoTo = Heart of The Oak Runeword (Ko + Vex + Pul + Thul) provides +3 to all abilities and 40 FCR.
- Bul-Kathos Ring (BK)
- CB stands for Crushing Blow (percentage of monster health per hit, powerful against bosses)
- DS stands for Deadly Strike ( percent chance to deal double damage)
- OW stands for Open Wounds (causes target to bleed for dmg over time)
- DR stands for Damage Reduction Percentage.
- Torch = A one-of-a-kind large charm obtained by slaying Ubers. On strike, gives +3 to all abilities, all resistances, and firestorm.
- Anni is a one-of-a-kind little charm obtained by slaying a Diablo clone. Gives +1 to all abilities, + attributes, + all resistances, and a 10% increase in experience.
- BIN stands for “Buy It Now.”
- FG = Forum Gold (D2jsp.com currency)
- Script is shorthand for “description.”
- WUG stands for “What Have You Got?”
- WUW stands for “What Do You Want?”
- NN stands for “No Need.”
- t4t stands for “Thanks for Trading.”
- ISO stands for “In Search Of.”
- Pindle = Pindleskin = One-of-a-kind creature found in A5 after Anya completes her mission via Anya’s portal)
- Andy is the first act’s employer. Andariel
- Mephisto is the third act’s boss.
- Diablo = Big D
- The Occulus Unique Staff is referred to as Occy. Has +3 Sorc Skills, 50% MF, 30% FCR, and +20 to Vit, Str, and Res.
- Harlequin Crest Unique Helm = Shako Has a +2 bonus to skills, DR, Mana, and life, as well as 50% MF.
- DND = Makes your online profile’s Do Not Disturb message. To change it, type “/DND message.” This was a popular method of tricking gamers into handing up their passwords. (Of course, I never fell for it..)
- Amy is an amulet.
- CTC stands for Chance to Cast.
Are you looking for PC games to play? Here are all of the new PC games to keep an eye on in 2021.
The pace of PlayStation 4 game releases isn’t going to slow down in 2021. Here’s everything to look forward to in the coming months.
The D2: Resurrected NEW Players Guide is a guide to the best classes in Diablo 2, which was originally released back in 2000. It includes information about all of the classes, their abilities, and how they are played. Reference: diablo 2 resurrected best class.
- diablo 2 resurrected class guide
- diablo 2 resurrected guide
- diablo 2: resurrected classes
- diablo 2 resurrected builds
- diablo 2 resurrected beginner guide